Visit Taylor's profile on Pinterest.
I have never worn a drugstore foundation before. I don’t have anything against them… well maybe I do since I have never found one I like. But that has all changed. I recently picked up this Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation from work and I did not have high expectations for it at all. It sat in my room for a couple of weeks but a few days ago, I picked it up and decided to finally try it out. A bit of background on my foundation-wearing ways: I have worn Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation for about a year and a half now. I used to love it but lately I’ve been feeling as if I could do better. Enter this foundation.
As soon as I started to apply it, I noticed a huge difference. Winter has turned my skin into a dry flaky mess (I’m exaggerating but still) and exams have caused stress pimples (so not cute) but this foundation applied beautifully. It’s a very moisturizing formula so it did not make my dry skin stand out nearly as much as my Tarte foundation did. Plus this foundation is supposed to give an anti-fatigue effect as well as a radiant glow. I definitely noticed that my skin looked a lot healthier and indeed had a glowing look to it. It has a nice bit of coverage, definitely buildable but it still has a nice light feel to it.
The only issue I have with this foundation is that once summer comes and my skin is more oily, there’s no way I’ll be able to get away this foundation. This foundation is definitely best suited for people with dry skin. Even when I set this foundation with a matte powder, I do fine myself looking a bit shiny towards the end of the day.
Other than that, I’ve really been enjoying this foundation and it has definitely replaced my Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation. Oh and the best part? Its a quarter of the cost! Hurrah!
(I wear the lightest shade: 100 Ivory)
For a closer look at how this foundation goes on, check out my daily makeup routine: http://when-im-older.com/post/72097376667/dailymakeuproutine
- fuckingephemeral likes this
- luvdanii reblogged this from when-im-older
- overexxposeddd reblogged this from when-im-older
- maisieface likes this
- estesbassface likes this
- fashionfor3v3r98 reblogged this from when-im-older
- coolasscray likes this
- cool-side-of-my-pillow reblogged this from when-im-older
- positive-transformation likes this
- allyypoo likes this
- victoriaxxxrose likes this
- jetmiss125 likes this
- gouachee likes this
- mysnewbeauty reblogged this from when-im-older and added:
- mysnewbeauty likes this
- couture-enfants likes this
- augigravatte likes this
- joteielizabeth likes this
- n-o-i-s-e-t-t-e-s likes this
- lovesweetkisses reblogged this from when-im-older
- lovesweetkisses likes this
- live-love-laughalldayeveryday likes this
- we-couldwaitforthefireworks reblogged this from when-im-older
- angels4ever-x likes this
- when-im-older posted this