Visit Taylor's profile on Pinterest.
- LaVanila Fragrances (buy here)- We just got these in at Shoppers and they all smell delicious! My favorite is the Pure Vanilla perfume but the Vanilla Coconut and Vanilla Grapefruit are lovely too!
- Stila In The Know Palette (buy here)- I have been wanting this palette since I first started working at Shoppers. It’s one of the few palettes that has all matte shadows, actually it’s the only all matte palette that we sell.
- Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation (buy here)- I have really been liking this foundation lately. It has the same consistency as the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation but it’s less oily which is nice! And it has surprisingly good coverage for being so lightweight.
- Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder (buy here)- I find that this powder works very nice with the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation. It gives some coverage without being cakey. And it’s supposed to last 10 hours which is always nice.
- Dior Addict It-Lash Mascara (buy here)- These mascaras are part of Dior’s new collection and the colors are gorgeous! My favorite are the blue and purple mascaras. They are so vivid and look extra cool when layered with regular black mascara.
- Stila Hair Refresher (buy here)- This is probably the only dry shampoo that I don’t hate. It’s a loose powder, as opposed to an aerosol can and I find that it does it’s job incredibly well. Plus, the two scents smell so good! My favorite is the Creme Bouquet.
- Smashbox Blemish Control Primer (buy here)- I usually can’t stand primers. I find that they just break me out. However this one has salicylic acid in it so it helps treat blemishes while helping your makeup stay on it. How nice!
- Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipgloss (buy here)- These lipglosses are so pretty! They are more like a liquid lipstick in terms of pigmentation. The texture is very nice as well. They go on smoothly without any stickiness and they dry to a matte finish.
March Beauty Wishlist: http://when-im-older.com/post/78450855133
April Beauty Wishlist: http://when-im-older.com/post/81297078841
May Beauty Wishlist: http://when-im-older.com/post/84624490198
June Beauty Wishlist: http://when-im-older.com/post/87603045830No comments
This past Friday, I had the pleasure of seeing all my lil’ grade 12’s growing up. In Edmonton, we have this tradition that when you graduate, your whole graduating class meets at the legislature grounds to take pictures. But guess who didn’t get to do that? Me. That’s right. It rained last year when I graduated so I didn’t get any of those classic Legislature pictures. However, I was more than happy to go see my lovely grade 12’s take pictures and help them on this special day. Plus, I really just wanted to see what they were wearing. I don’t know about you, but dresses are always my favorite part of graduations.
When I arrived at my friend’s house, I was in shock how beautiful and grown up they all looked. I felt like a proud mother. I don’t know man. So, I thought I would share a few pictures with y’all so you can admire them as well. Best looking class of 2014? I think so.
On a side note, let’s all applause me for not wearing my graduation gown as well. I kept my outfit pretty simple because sadly, I was not the one graduating.
What I wore to MY commencement: http://when-im-older.com/post/61412614152
My Lizzie Mcguire graduation moment: http://when-im-older.com/post/71790021008
Shop my outfit here (click the box below):No comments
From left to right
Dior— Galaxie (buy here): a metallic plummy burdundy
Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure— New Wave Blue (buy here): a dark creamy teal
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri— No S-pear Time (similar here): a golden metallic olive
Dior— Rouge Altesse (buy here): a glossy true red
Sinful Colors— Bright Lucite (similar here): a creamy baby blue
Dior— Mystic (buy here): a metallic grey-blueNo comments
We have so many new arrivals, it’s ridiculous! <3
There’s a little bit of inspiration for everything!
So, for my birthday, my lovely friends, Emily and Heather (Thanks guys <3) got me the Lancome Baume in Love in the shade, Urban Ballet. I have been lusting over it for the longest time and it is the most amazing lip product ever.
First, let’s talk about the packaging. The whole Spring collection has the cutest packing, it’s all pink and girly and perfect!
Secondly, the texture of this is amazing. I guess this could be considered a tinted lip balm but it is really so much more than that. It is a super sheer hot pink but it almost changes to a brighter pink on your lips throughout the day. Two of my best friends bought this product as well and it looks absolutely amazing on their lips as well, it’s so universal! It is also super moisturizing and I love how glossy it applies.
There is not one thing I would want to change about this product. It is the prettiest lip balm/lip color that I own! I believe this is a limited edition product so pick it up while you still can!
Find it at Shopper’s Drug Mart or hereNo comments
Chemistry is pretty cool, but it’s even cooler when you combine it with makeup. The are the Moodmatcher Luxe Twist Sticks from Fran Wilson. The twist sticks’ innovative formula react with your lips to create a one-of-a kind color! How cool is that? When I first received these and glanced at the colors, I thought they were just novelty lipsticks and I really didn’t expect much out of them.
However, that all changed when I grabbed the blue twist stick. As soon as the color touched my lips, it turned into a gorgeous pink, no blue in sight! (thank god!) All of the colors are really gorgeous! The red twist stick is a sheer rose color. The pink is (obviously) a pretty bright mid toned pink. The orange is such a beautiful coral color, perfect for summer! The next three colors are more cool toned. The yellow is the palest shade, a light pink. The green is a darker pink, more of a neon and the blue is a gorgeous mauve pink (it’s more of an orchid color).
Not only are all of the colors amazing, I am most in love with the formula. These twist sticks are enriched with Aloe Vera and Vitamin E so they are super moisturizing on your lips! I’m sure you’re all aware of how dry my lips are, but these feel so nice on! They start off with having a glossy finish but fade to a matte finish throughout the day! They claim that they last 12 hours. I’m not sure if I’ve ever worn mine for a full 12 hours but they definitely last longer than an average lipstick which is fab!
Check out Fran Wilson: http://www.franwilson.com/
Want to feature your company on When I’m Older? message me here or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
*ftc disclaimer: I was sent these products for free but all opinions are my own.No comments
As you can tell, I’m really missing my high school graduation. It was a little less than a year ago that I was shopping for my grad dress and I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. So for those of you who are graduating this year but have yet to find the perfect dress, I am your fairy godmother. You’re welcome. These dresses are all from JenJen House http://www.jenjenhouse.com/ which is an online website specializing in beautiful gowns of all styles and colors. All of the dresses that I will be showing you are under $200!
- I absolutely love dresses with little cap sleeves. They just give the dress such a girly, feminine vibe. I love the color of this dress. It’s a deep emerald with a ruched sweetheart neckline.
- The next dress is very similar to the previous one with cap sleeves as well, except this dress is a light pink color. I’ve always loved light pink grad dresses!
- If you want to opt for something a bit simpler, or you’re not a fan of beading and sparkles, I think this next dress is gorgeous. It’s a bright red with a very flattering, simple silhouette.
- The next dress is for the girl who loves anything with bling. This one is a fully sequinned strapless dress in metallic colors. It makes quite the statement!
- I love the cage detailing on the neckline of this next dress. Combine that with the pretty champagne color and gold accents, this dress is stunning!
- I really love the deep magenta color of this dress. The color of my own grad dress was similar to this one and I thought it looked so pretty in photographs! Plus, the one shoulder design is so different and unique!
- This last dress is probably my favorite. I think it’s so elegant and also has the little cap sleeves that I love. I love the beading on the bodice and the slight train that it has.
View the whole collection of prom dresses at JenJen House here: http://www.jenjenhouse.com/Prom-Dresses-c18/
*ftc disclaimer: This is a sponsored post but all opinions are my own.No comments